cookie

Friday, February 9, 2018

More things missing than a lost shaker of salt: Margaritaville in Niagara

We had an hour to grab some dinner before catching a show at Fallsview Niagara. We really should have gone to the food court but I wanted to try out Margaritaville. It won’t be a leisurely dinner but surely we could make it, right? What a mistake.

In any restaurant, I expect to get served in 15-20 minutes. I can eat pretty quickly--so another 20 minutes. Getting the bill, walking…20 minutes should be enough time…For anyone who will be thinking the same way, do not attempt this with Margaritaville in Niagara. It took a while for our server to get our orders and it took OVER 30 minutes to get our meal after we had ordered. It didn’t help that there was a balloon artist making some cool balloon hats or that they played the Margaritaville song with audience participation. I wanted to get my meal and not sing about a lost shaker of salt!

Margaritaville Niagara
Hubby ordered a Chicken Caesar. I really cannot, for the life of me, understand why a salad would take 30 minutes. It was an okay salad. Not worth the almost $17 price, though.

Paradise Chicken Caesar Salad @ Margaritaville, Niagara
I got an El Diablo burger which was one patty with a couple of onion rings, Monterey Jack cheese and jalapeno peppers with buffalo sauce. The sauce was ok but the burger was dry.  Also not worth the $16 price.

El Diablo Burger @Margaritaville, Niagara
I would venture to say I was paying for ambience but the interiors were old, bordering on sad, and definitely needed a revamp. It was just tourist pricing. Anyway, for some overpriced blah food and awful wait times, I will not be back. The only good thing was that I don’t need to take the rest of the fam here to try it out anymore. I can take my margarita somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment