cookie

Friday, September 30, 2016

‘Nanas for Nanashake

Nanashake bar
I came across a write-up on a new dessert place serving up vegan frozen dessert so one lunch break, my friends and I decided to give it a try. Note, we are not vegan and it really doesn’t matter to us that it is dairy-free, gluten-free, and that they use agave syrup instead of sugar! But a healthy frozen dessert? Why not?! Our waistlines will love it!

The banana-based frozen treat came with 5 flavours plus the original and they also had Nana Pops.  We sampled pretty much all of their flavours (except the original): chocolate, minty chocolate, strawberry, rosy pistachio, and spicy date. As I really like minty chocolate, that is what I got. It was delicious! There was only a slight hint of banana and it was full of minty chocolate flavour! I couldn’t have asked for a better 220-calorie chocolate treat that I could have in more than two bites! My friends also enjoyed their rosy pistachio and chocolate desserts.

Minty Chocolate Nanashake
A single serving was just right and pretty filling. At $4.99 each, extra for toppings and espresso shot (if you wanted an Affogato), it was comparable to the price of bubble teas and gelatos.


No comments:

Post a Comment