cookie

Friday, July 20, 2012

One family and Five guys (Burger and Fries)


Hubby is a big burger fan. So, when my co-worker told me about Five Guys Burger and Fries (a US chain which I found to have good reviews), we had to check it out. One weekend, we headed for an early dinner at the location close to our nearest Costco. As we were a bit early, we managed to be second in line. By the time we were done with our meal, the line up was almost to the door!
A regular burger has two patties while a "little burger" has one. Hubby ordered the bacon cheeseburger with everything on it (all toppings come free, they say in their ads, but I actually cannot think of a place where they do charge for toppings). Grandma had a cheeseburger while I just had a little bacon cheeseburger (also with everything except pickles). The girls had hotdogs which I would definitely order next time--though I don’t think anything can top the Kobe hotdog I had at Edo.
While waiting for our order (orders usually come out after 15 minutes), we snacked on peanuts which were in large carton boxes, open for anyone to have and as much as they wish. There were scoopers and paper trays so you could bring your snack to the table. As the fries are cooked in peanut oil, these may very well be by-products. I love it when things do not go to waste!
Orders came in big brown paper bags whether you chose to dine in or take out. My little bacon cheeseburger was just the right size for me and it was delicious! The burger was juicy even if it was well done (they do not serve medium rare). The bacon was perfectly crisp and all the toppings complemented the patty. Hubby and the kids enjoyed their orders too! Grandma liked her cheeseburger but it turned out to be too big for her (couldn't quite resist the urge to say, I told you so :P). We also had a hefty portion of fries, but I honestly cannot say that the peanut oil made a huge difference. They were good, though.
Hubby’s verdict: El Corral hamburgers were better. But since we cannot go to Colombia to get a burger fix, this is a good enough alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment