cookie

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sound the Alarm: Nutrition crisis in the Sahel

Crops have failed in eight drought-hit countries of West Africa, leaving families with almost nothing to eat.  Right now, one million children in the Sahel are at risk from severe malnutrition and time is running out. Please share this message and, if you can, make a donation to save a child’s life.
As a mother, images and news of suffering children touch me deeply. When I learned about the situation in the Sahel, I knew I had to do what I could and I started by spreading the word. My family is very blessed to be able to dine in many wonderful places and to travel.   I try to make sure that we remember this and that the kids appreciate our many blessings. I always call their attention to a World Vision spot on TV so they are not shielded from realities. I showed them this video about what is happening at the Sahel. While I do not expect them to give up their dessert or toys, I am hoping that somehow they grow up a little more conscious of the many sufferings in the world. Maybe they can also help in their own way.
I did not post any links for donations in this page. If you noticed, you cannot even click on the posters to donate. Instead, I will direct you to unicef.ca where you can learn more about what is happening and how you can make a difference. You can also help by spreading the word through your social media channels to your friends and family.
Your support can make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment