cookie

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Paradise Found: Our trip to El Nido--last day


Day 4

After breakfast of tapsilog (beef, fried rice and egg), danggit (dried fish), and puto bungbong (a purple colored steamed rice cake), we headed for the docks for a final jackfish feeding. This was about 8:45am and our bags will be picked up from our rooms by 10:30am. There was a group of folks who, instead of feeding, were going to snorkel and swim with the jackfish. Why didn’t I think of that? After deciding that I could make a run for it and get all ready in less than two hours, I went back to our room, took out my swim wear and snorkels from our already-packed bags and headed out to swim with the jackfish. It was a decision I will never regret—not that I would have any reason to, the boat will not leave us right?!  It brought me such joy to be able to swim up close with these big black creatures (and other fish we would normally see in a marine aquarium) and snorkel one last time. I do not know when I would be able to go snorkeling again. I did not want to leave, but after I had my fill, I ran back to our room, showered and put my wet swim gear back into the luggage. By this time, hubby and the girls had gone off to a coconut hat making class where they were shown how to make beautiful hats out of coconut leaves. To make it more fun, they fashioned some dragon flies and crickets to put on top of the hats. By 11:30am we were set to ride the boat back to the main island. Before taking off, though, they had to weigh all of us again with our luggage and I was afraid to look at the scale. I am sure my weight would reflect all the food I feasted on! But I carried with me my backpack and camera on the scale just so the real number will not be revealed. Ha!




And so we went, from the small boat to the big boat, to the jeepney and the 20-seater plane back to Manila. We may have been a few pounds heavier (or maybe not, seafood is light, right?) but we will always cherish the wonderful memories we had at El Nido.

No comments:

Post a Comment