cookie

Friday, February 17, 2017

Treats at Momofuku Milk Bar

Crack pie and Grasshopper pie cake truffles @Milk Bar Momofuku

After having some Pork Ramen at Momofuku Noodle Bar at University Ave., my friend and I headed to the second floor to get some goodies from the Milk Bar. It was a refrigerated glass room equipped with shopping baskets to help you carry the freshly baked treats flown in from Brooklyn. I had to try some of pastry chef Christina Tosi’s Crack Pie. I only got a couple of slices (instead of the $50+ whole pie!) so we could try.

This gooey, crunchy, sugar pie had a deep brown chunky crust made from oats and dark chocolate. The filling was just delicious, made of tons of butter, cream and more brown sugar. It was a strong contender to our fave tarte au sucre at Le Papillion. Delish and we didn’t find it overly sweet. But since I don’t have nine lives, I will only indulge in this, once in a while. The fitness tracker got good use the next few days!!

I also got some Grasshopper truffles--chocolate chip cake mixed with mint cheesecake, coated in white chocolate and rolled in chocolate crumbs! How can you possibly go wrong with that?! It was moist and just wonderfully-delicious.

They have other goodies that I might just send Hubby to get for us next time—cookies, more truffles, bigger Crack Pies and even cakes!  They also have available cookbooks, baking mixes, and even cereal milk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment