cookie

Friday, August 19, 2016

One with the trees: an adventure at Treewalk Village and Treetop Trekking

Treetop Trekking @ Stouffville
I had a terrible time booking our visit to Treekwalk Village and Treetop Trekking at Stouffville. The phone just kept ringing and I even left a message but did not get a call back. After a couple of days of trying, I was actually surprised that someone picked up the phone! After booking, it also took a while to get the confirmation over email that I dreaded having to call back to follow up. I had to call back the next day just to have them send me the confirmation. Needless to say, it was such a pain to book. Now, all of that aside, we had a wonderful time when we finally got there.

Treewalk Village @ Stouffville
We arrived at 11am and quickly got our wristbands as we had pre-registered. I believe they also sometimes take walk-ins, if space allows. Our printed confirmation allowed us free parking/entrance at Bruce’s Mill where the parks were located. As we also did our waivers (of course no one is held liable for anything these days!) beforehand, we were processed quickly enough.
The girls had such a blast at the Treewalk village. And actually, so did the adults! Grandma just relaxed at one of the many picnic tables they had while hubby, the kids and I traversed the nets to go from treehouse to treehouse. It was so much fun! We wished we had this in our backyard! Hubby and I wished we had this when we were growing up!

Treehouses @ Treewalk Village

mini wall for mini climbers @ Treewalk Village
There were tunnels to explore, obstacle courses to run and many treehouses to explore. As we were under the canopy of the giant trees, it was cool and shady. 

Tunnels @ Treewalk Village

courses @ Treewalk Village
We had our small picnic lunch and then, hubby, DD#1 and I went off to do the Monarch Zipline at the Treetop Trekking next door.

We didn’t try out the aerial courses as it was expected to take over 2 hours and we didn’t want DD#2 to have to wait for us for so long, not being able to join in the fun (minimum age is 9 and height requirement 4’7” applied).

After signing in again, we went through the safety orientation which took about 30 minutes. It was a pretty good orientation where we got info on the rules of the park and how to safely use the equipment. I have to admit that coming over, I was a bit nervous if I could actually do this. I saw some videos and I wasn’t sure I was brave enough for the zipline. With that orientation, though, it made me more confident and off I went to the zipline without my heart in my throat! Whew!

ladder for Monarch Zipline @ Treetop Trekking Stouffville
After the training, we climbed about 30+ feet to the park’s biggest zipline, the Monarch. We then zipped through a 700-foot zipline over a butterfly garden doing 40-50kph. It was SO MUCH FUN!! And it was over in seconds. Too bad we couldn’t do it over and over again as we were only allowed to do this once. I didn't have enough skill or courage to be doing this for the first time while lugging a camera or phone. So I am not able to share more pics. Note to self: I have to get that Go Pro thing soon!

DD#2 was feeling upset at not being able to do this zipline so we will definitely be back when she is older and taller. Maybe we will try the other parks of Treetop Trekking. I do dread having to book this again but at least it won’t be for some time. Rates are not the cheapest and are posted on their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment