cookie

Friday, May 13, 2016

Mexican Brunch at The Mule and the thing I regret


Tacos @ The Mule, Hamilton
Hubby knows that I do not only love Mexican food, but that I also love trying new places. So, for Mother’s Day, he took us to have brunch at the newest taco bar, The Mule, in Hamilton. This crowdfunded bar and restaurant serves up some pretty awesome tacos and tequila and bourbon based drinks. Interesting to know that this joint was born without a bank but that explains the numerous plaques of names on the walls.

Vibrant dining @ The Mule, Hamilton
We couldn’t decide what to get so we just got 3 of everything on the taco menu. We had the following and I rank them in the order of my personal favourites:
-- Fish: Loved the crispy whitefish, full of flavor and topped up with lime crema and chipotle mayo
--Chili cheese dog: how can I refuse? They got me at chili cheese
--Chorizo, Egg and Potato: with crunchy chunks of chorizo and French fries
-- Fried Halloumi (cheese made from a mixture of goat’s and sheep’s milk)
--Spiced mushroom (with egg and salsa verde)
--Taco bell (the traditional spiced pork/beef version)

Taco Bell @ The Mule, Hamilton

They have other brunch items on the menu—Huevos Ranchos, Eggs Benedict and even Chocolate Johnnycakes, but the three of each taco item on the brunch menu was enough for us.


Each taco was a pretty decent size and we loved the lime crema and spicy mayo dressings. Kids finished about 2 each while the adults had 3 to 5. Prices ranged from $3.25 to $5.00 so we racked up a significant bill on tacos alone. But it was good and worth it. 

Chorizo, Egg and Potato Tacos @ The Mule, Hamilton
If this place were just in Downtown Toronto, I can say for sure that I will be back. I will go back not only for the super delicious fish tacos, but because I regret not ordering the beautiful Caesar that the mom in the other table had. A few other moms eyed that drink and she did confirm it was absolutely awesome—one mom couldn’t resist and asked! I wasn’t given the A-OK by the girls that it was fine to consume tequila before noon (even if it is 5 o’clock somewhere!) so I just settled for some lime Jarritos. All in all a wonderful meal and a true gem in Hamilton!

No comments:

Post a Comment