cookie

Friday, January 8, 2016

Greek outside of the Danforth—Santorini’s at Thornhill

Santorini's: Greek dining in Thornhill
On a rare weekday lunch, hubby and I managed to go on a date. So, seize the moment we did! We opted for some fine dining at Santorini’s in Thornhill.

I ordered grilled Kalamari (as it was spelled in their menu) with Tzatziki and lemon sauce. It was delicious! It was a very filling serving of 4 good-sized squids, perfectly charred. Grilled veggies and mixed rice were on the side. Looking at the many photos on the white-washed wall while enjoying my Kalamari made me wish I was having this meal in Greece instead! 
Grilled Kalamari at Santorini's
Hubby got his favourite Lamb Souvlaki dinner. A delicious Greek salad with a healthy amount of feta complemented his meal. The meat was nicely done and perfectly seasoned.

Lamb Souvlaki at Santorini's
Service was good, as I expected and especially since we were one of the few patrons this weekday lunch. And as we actually ordered from the dinner menu, it cost about $25 per person without wine.


A wonderful Greek meal outside of the Danforth added to a once in a blue moon weekday lunch with hubby makes for one special moment.  They apparently have special events with music and dancing as well on some nights. I hope we don’t have to wait for another blue moon to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment