cookie

Friday, April 11, 2014

Dimsum breakfast at Dragon Boat Fusion Cuisine


siomai
In my mind, dimsum is served all-day--at least in the Chinese restaurants I go to. But the call out for “All-Day” should have cued me that mostly this is offered in the morning. I had assumed lunch, but I did not realize that it really is for breakfast and brunch. Duh!

So, in my first dimsum breakfast get-together with a friend, I was quite surprised to see how many people have lined up at Dragon Boat Fusion cuisine at 9am to have dimsum! We arrived at 9:30am, with me thinking that was early. We actually got seated one hour later! Had I not been chatting with my friend, I would not have stayed to wait for a table. But the longer we waited, the more I wanted to see what was so great about this particular dimsum place. People just kept coming in and wait times were getting longer. Meanwhile, I was getting hungrier. We were finally seated at 10:30am.

We quickly ordered the usual, familiar dimsum dishes. And, I would have to say that the dimsum was worth the wait (well, and I had some catching up to do with my friend which helped pass the wait time). The BBQ pork buns, pork siomai and shrimp hargow were delicious! The dumplings were packed and not with fillers. They were very tasty and came in good servings.


bbq pork buns and taro puff with quail eggs

The cheong fun (rice noodle roll) was also good, especially with the sweet soy sauce. The taro puff came with quail egg. How delightful!

cheong fun
The Octopus tentacles were nicely deep fried and had a slight crunch to it. These were perfectly seasoned and not oily. This was the only dish which was $5.80 per order. All the others were $2.80 (before 11am). Service was fast enough and the presentation was wonderful. The dimsum was served in square steamers and the hargow had an actual shrimp in the middle.

hargow

As we waited for the rest of our order, interesting dumplings and other delights were being brought to other tables. I have decided that I have to come back—with hubby, the girls and grandma next time! I just hope we don’t have to camp out the night before to get a table fast!

some interesting fish in their tanks

No comments:

Post a Comment