cookie

Friday, November 1, 2013

Am still having Korean…at a Chinese mall this time: Axia Resto-Bar-Café

We headed over to Pacific Mall, all set to have some dimsum, one Sunday. When we got there, though, Golden Regency was closed!!! We didn’t feel like getting lunch at the food court, nor did we want to put our coats back on and cross over to the other complex. So, we decided to give Axia Resto-Bar-Café (Korean-Japanese resto) a try. 

There were a few Bento boxes available and I debated for a bit whether to get grilled squid or Beef Bulgogi. To make it simple, I ordered both! J Hubby got some seafood soup and we ordered fried Beef Ramen for the girls. Grandma had some of her favourite-- Shrimp Tempura.
Our ban chan (Korean appetizers) of kimchi, beansprout, and even sweet potato noodles was served along with the miso soup included with our meals.

Soon after, my very yummy grilled squid arrived! It was well cooked, not gummy or rubbery. Hints of char mingled with barbecue sauce wrapped the squid. Yum! I can definitely see myself craving this again. It could also very well be a meal in itself along with some rice. Then, my Bento box came with the same type of appetizers.

The Beef Bulgogi was well marinated and cooked medium. It was delicious! As I was eating two dishes along with appetizers, I had to bring home more than half of my Beef Bulgogi. It was one left-over I was excited to eat. 

Hubby liked his seafood soup, which had a decent serving of shrimps, mussels, and kani (artificial crab).

The girls found the Ramen a bit on the spicy side and opted to swap with Grandma’s Tempura which was also nicely cooked—not oily at all! 



Prices came out to be about $10-15 per person (they have Bento box lunch specials during weekdays for about $7). It was a good discovery and something we will definitely go back to when we are in Pacific Mall-- especially if the dimsum place is still closed (or if I want even MORE Korean!).

No comments:

Post a Comment