cookie

Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Fiery Show at Yang’s Teppanyaki

My favourite restaurant in Manila before all the other fancy and diverse restaurants boomed was Kimpura. I remembered learning how to use chopsticks there when I was about 5 or 6. I loved sitting at the teppanyaki tables and watching the chefs cook. Of course, the shows were not quite as entertaining as the ones you would see at Benihana, but I loved the food.
I recently realized that while my girls were exposed to Japanese cuisine, they haven’t yet been to a teppanyaki place. So, we took them to Yang’s Teppanyaki near Vaughan Mills.
We went for lunch on a Saturday. The place had a few patrons at around noon, but we noticed that more guests started to come in closer to 1pm. While we were seated right away, we had to wait a bit for the chef to get the grill heated and ready. We ordered teppanyaki, of course. I got striploin steak for myself and chicken for the girls. Hubby and grandma had salmon and jumbo shrimps. 

The girls were mesmerized by the show put on by the chef--from the initial blaze to his fiery volcano made of onions. Note that if you upgrade to fried rice, there are additional “stunts” with the eggs. We didn’t opt for this, but will surely do the next time. 
The food was just average and costs about $12-15 per person. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t bad either.


There are many more teppanyaki places that we would like to try, but this is an okay-enough alternative. DD#1 has declared it her new favourite restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment