cookie

Friday, February 8, 2013

More Breakfast: pancakes at IHOP

Yummy hot chocolate
I have fond memories of IHOP. Whenever I visit California, I would always look forward to breakfast at IHOP. The pancakes were fluffy and there was a variety of syrups—blueberry, strawberry, butter pecan, and the usual maple. Yum! These days, we have to drive all the way to Niagara (the only locations in Ontario) for some IHOP.

I am glad to note that my girls look forward to having breakfast at IHOP the way I used to. Now I know I said we don’t usually go to
breakfast places to order dishes we can make at home. But, while I make pancakes at home, they don’t seem to be as fluffy as IHOP’s and we only have maple syrup.  Is that good enough a reason? I don’t usually order crepes or other breakfast delights at IHOP unless it is our second day to have breakfast there! Pancakes would be the first order of the day! So there, when it comes to IHOP, I take back what I said about breakfast places!
I usually order a short stack of Original Butter Pancakes, which has 3 pieces of airy, flavorful pancakes. This is already quite filling! The kids always have either a Create-A-Face or Funny Face pancakes.
Original Buttermilk Pancakes with a side of bacon
The Create-A-Face pancake is a big, buttermilk pancake with strawberry eyes, a whipped topping nose and a banana smile.

Create a Face
The Funny Face is a big, chocolate pancake with powdered sugar and a whipped topping smile. The girls enjoy eating these cute treats! And while I make cutesy pancakes at home too, they don't usually come with whipped cream or strawberry syrup.
Funny Face
On this trip, Hubby tried some Grilled Chicken Caesar salad, a change from his usual breakfast platters of blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and eggs. The salad turned out to be surprisingly good--for a pancake place! The girls and I stuck with our usuals and were very happy about our choices. I keep saying I will try omelette next time, but some habits are hard to break. And, satiated is a good way to start our day.

A “Never Empty Coffee Pot” (really, that is what they call it!) rounds out a happy breakfast. Good Morning, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment