cookie

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Desserts for the stressed

One tremendously stressful day, hubby took me and the kids out for some “happy food.” The only rule we have when we are having happy food is not to think about how much sugar, salt or calories we are consuming. We just had to bask in the sugar (or salt) rush. More often than not, we would have something sweet. However, french fries and chips have also made it to the “happy food” list in our house. This time, I needed something guaranteed to pick me up so hubby took us to Caffe Demetre for some ice cream.
Being a mocha-lover, I ordered La Vida Mocha. This was a wonderful, freshly-made crepe filled with home made mocha ice cream and topped with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and Oreo crumbs. The crepe was warm and the ice cream was very velvety-- with that heavenly mocha taste I absolutely love. If you had a heavy dinner, I suggest you share this dessert with someone as it is quite filling. Hubby ordered a cake a la mode which was just okay--nothing compared to my La Vida Mocha, I would say! The kids shared two scoops of mint-chocolate chip ice cream. This is DD#1’s favorite ice cream flavour and she definitely enjoyed this non-commercial version.  While DD#2 agreed with the order, she said she would have preferred strawberry. We knew they would not have finished it had we ordered more--this left over was not something we could take home! So, she took bites from daddy’s and mommy’s  dessert instead. At the end of it, we were all happily full (and less stressed).



We enjoyed Caffe Demetre so much, we decided to make this our go-to dessert place. We had subsequently tried the sundaes and banana splits. DD#2 finally got her strawberry ice cream. I still order my La Vida Mocha. It is my tried and tested pick-me-upper.  Maybe next time I will try something else. Then again, maybe not.


2 comments: